MUSIC LITERACY for DANCE
a complete 4 hour course to help dancers and musicians
learn how to understand and teach Arabic music topics
without needing an instrument nor any previous training
* learn how to identify and sing 8 important Arabic maqam scales, along with famous song examples *
* learn how to clap and voice 10 important Arabic iqaat rhythms, along with famous step examples *
* learn all the major music terms, in Arabic and English, that are relevant to a dance performance *
* learn cultural and linguistic references related to each melody and rhythm, promoting accuracy *
* learn movements and traditional combination steps that help communicate each musical topic *
* learn the basics of reading sheet music, to help understand melody & rhythm accurately *
* receive a document of all rhythms, scales, terms, and famous Arabic words for your reference *
Saturday February 25, from 12noon-4pm
Warren Armory 11 Jefferson St. Warren R.I.
Sponsored by Lola and the World Music & Dance Center; Rhode Island
$80 if purchased by Saturday Feb. 18, 2017., or $100 at the door.
This button will direct you to PayPal for "World Music & Dance Center" . There you can log in and pay by Paypal or by Credit Card.
If you would like to pay another way, please email email@example.com
MUSIC RAQS has been conducted in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Minneapolis, Miami, New York City, Las Vegas, and Grand Rapids Michigan.